BOSS/eBOSS Collaboration Meeting 2014 at Cloudcroft, NM
December 3-6, 2014
The joint BOSS/eBOSS Collaboration Meeting will be held Wednesday through Saturday, December 3-6, 2014, at The Lodge Resort in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. This is where we hosted the BOSS meeting in March 2011. The Lodge is just 30 minutes drive from the Apache Point Observatory (APO), providing the opportunity for all attendees to visit the telescope. There will be organized tours each afternoon of the conference.
- Register for the meeting and pay the $475 registration fee [which includes meals] by Tuesday, 11 November (closed).
- Make your hotel reservation by calling [cannot book online] The Lodge Resort by Tuesday, 11 November.
In general, the structure of the meeting is:
- 7:00 – 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:00 – 12:30 Plenary or Parallel Sessions
- 12:30 – 2:00 Lunch
- Afternoon: Parallels, APO tours meet at 2:00, Working Group Discussions/Presentations
- 6:30 – 8:30 Dinner
The agenda will be maintained on the SDSS wiki here: https://trac.sdss.org/wiki/
Remote dial-in will be available in the two main meeting rooms. Two remote presentations are scheduled. The numbers will be posted on the Agenda wiki page.
Click here for the rideshare wiki page.
The Lodge is at 8600 ft (2600 m) and the telescope is at 9200 ft (2800 m). This is high enough to be aware of altitude sickness, in yourself and others. This can strike even if you’re fit, and even if you’ve been at high elevations in the past without problem. Some information is available here:
Meals are included in the registration, from Wednesday breakfast through Saturday lunch. If you’re arriving on Tuesday, there’s a restaurant at The Lodge Resort (called Rebecca’s) , or there are a couple of restaurants in town; Western Bar & Grill which is a few minutes walk to town, or Big Daddy’s Diner on the east end of town.
WiFi will be available at the Lodge. We’re bringing in extra service for the duration of the meeting.
Apache Point Observatory Tours:
Trips up to the telescope will be on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons. If you don’t like the day you’ve been assigned, please change it directly on the wiki page:
- Registration Open: Wednesday, 22 October
- Registration deadline: Tuesday, 11 November
- Hotel reservation deadline: Tuesday, 11 November
- Meeting: Wednesday-Saturday, 3-6 December
- APO Tours: Each afternoon, Wednesday – Friday, 3-5 December
- Meeting Adjourn: 3:00pm, Saturday, 6 December
- Departure: Saturday or Sunday, 6 or 7 December